Search our website

Search our website by entering a keyword or choose a database above to search specifically.


Showing search results  21 - 30 14,214 results found
Glazier's hammer
Hammer (approx. 150-500 gr) with a narrow (approx. 1-2 cm) head used by the glazier to knock small nails into the window frame. There are different models: with two square faces, two round faces and with one round face and a wedge-shaped pin. Often the handle of the glazier's hammer is finished as a glazing lever. To be distinguished from the upholsterer's hammer. [MOT]
Grape shears
Grapes can be harvested with a grape knife or grape shears. With the latter one obtains a much nicer cut than with a harvesting knife. The shears have two narrow blades (approx. 1 cm) with a straight cut; the arms can be made of metal or consist of a wooden covering around a metal plate. They are held together by a ring that is located on the bottom of one arm and that can be fastened around the other arm. There is a spring between the arms. See also grape scissors. [MOT]
Grass shears
Grain shovel
The grain shovel is a wooden shovel (approx. 150 cm long) used to stir the grain and to scoop it into the winnowing machine and bags. See also grain scoop and grain scoop bin. To be distinguished from the mould board shovel. [MOT]
Grape scissors
With grape scissors you can easily cut grapes from a bunch at the table. They are scissors with short (approx. 3-5 cm), narrow (approx. 5 mm) blades with a blunt tip and long (approx. 10 cm) arms. The tips are blunt so that the grapes are not damaged when cut. These scissors are often decorated with grape motifs.See also grape shears. [MOT]
Grape knife
A miniature pruning knife (approx. 15 cm) with a short blade (approx. 4-5 cm) with which grapes are harvested. Not infrequently, the end of the suture forms a ring where the little finger can be inserted. The knife is mainly used in the Bordelais area. [MOT]
Grain scoop
Grater (kitchen)
Kitchen utensil for grating vegetables. It consists of a metal plate with rows of holes 'punched out'. The vegetables are sanded back and forth on this rough surface and finely grated. There are flat, rectangular, pyramid, semicircular, round, etc. graters. The grater can also be mounted on a tray in which the finely grated goods are collected. There may be several grating surfaces with smaller holes each time for finer grating. Often there is also a sharp groove in the grating surface that serves as a slicer. There are also composite kitchen utensils that, in addition to a grater, can also be used as a butter cutter, apple corer and vegetable peeler. To grate nutmeg, special graters are used (see nutmeg grater). In addition to the kitchen grater, vegetables can also be grated using a rotary grater. This allows even the smallest pieces to be rinsed up completely. See also potato grater and soap shaver. [MOT]
English translation in progress. You can find more technical information about the grindstone on this page in dutch. [MOT]
Groove tapper